View the embedded image gallery online at:
Welcome to Year 3!
This year we are:
Mr Hart and Miss Keir (class teachers) supported by Mrs Marshall (HLTA) and Miss Barnes. If you wish to contact us you can do so via this email link:
In year 3 the children are expected to:
- Read at least five times a week (a team point will be awarded if there is five entries in their homework diary).
- Complete their homework, independently where possible. English and spelling homework will be given out each week. Maths will be given out each week. This will either be a paper copy or allocated on Active Learn Primary.
- Practise times tables (2x, 3x, 4x, 5x, 10x, 8x by the end of Year 3).
- Start to be more independent.
- Remember to come 'PE Ready' on PE days in your sports kit. Remember that we shall be swimming on a Wednesday afternoon throughout the academic year (with the exception of September 25th 2019 as the pool is hosting a gala; we shall be doing PE instead).
Our exciting themes:
Term 1- What makes the Earth angry?
The children will study volcanoes, earthquakes and tsunamis, where they are, what they do and the effect of they have on the world.
Term 2- The Ancient Greeks
Children will develop their understanding of the everyday lives of The Ancient Greeks, comparing them with their own.
Term 3- The Wild West
The children will learn about geographical differences through the study of human and physical geography and America.
Term 4 – Why did Henry VIII marry six times?
The children will develop their understanding of the Tudor age and the life of henry the VIII.
Term 5 –The Prehistoric World
Children will study the period in history from the Stone Age to the Iron Age in Britain.
Term 6 –Study a Region in the UK
Children will use fieldwork to observe, measure and record a specific area of the UK using compass points and maps.
Please refer to our termly newsletters for more in depth detail of the objectives, trips and visitors.