Welcome to year 5!
This year we are:
Mrs. Hope, (class teacher) supported by Mrs Fett (teaching assistant) and Miss Smith (learning support assistant). If you wish to contact me you can do so via this email link:
In year 5 the children are expected to:
- Complete English, spelling and Maths homework every week that it is set (homework will not be allocated during the last week of each term).
- Complete maths homework online (Active Learn Primary)
- Hand homework in on the following Wednesday from which is given out.
- Practice spellings each week (spelling tests will be on a Wednesday).
- Read at least five times a week.
- Complete their homework diary themselves and have it in school everyday
- Follow the class rules that the children created themselves.
- Be responsible for their own learning.
- Talk to me!
P.E. is on a Wednesday and Thursday this term and our library session is on a Wednesday.
Our exciting themes, this year are:
Term 1 – Rainforests
The children will discover key information regarding what rainforests are, where they are, what they contain and who lives there!
Term 2 – Anglo-Saxons and Vikings
We are expecting a visitor to start this theme off with a bang! The children will develop their understanding of the Viking invasion and settlement in Britain.
Term 3 – Food
The children will learn about how food around the world I grown and why certain foods relate to certain countries, or not.
Term 4 – Space
The children will look at the location of a range of planets as well as thinking about the revolution of space travel.
Term 5 – The Egyptians
The children will build their knowledge of a period when the Ancient Egyptians were powerful in the world. They will archaeologists, look at some of the pharaohs and archaeologists discoveries and compare daily life to that of their own.
Term 6 – China
The children will find out about the Shang Dynasty of China.
Please refer to our termly newsletters for more in depth detail of the curriculum objectives, trip and visitors.